Friday, June 28, 2019

A chat with Granny from Fuchsia Minnesota!


Granny is a character created by Julie Seedorf


Today we have a super special guest here at Grandma Bertha Interviews. This young lady goes by the name of Granny, and is one of the most awesome detectives you'll ever meet. Granny agreed to give me an interview, as long as I gave her one too! So be sure to check her blog for that.

Tell us, Granny, what was the first investigation you ever did? What was the last? Do you expect to do more investigations in the future?

It wasn’t an investigation per se. It was a secret. The Police Chief hired me as an undercover investigator to stop shoplifting in Fuchsia. After all, who would suspect a Granny with an umbrella to be dangerous? I even kept it a secret from my kids. They wanted to put me in the wrinkle farm, as I had a habit of being forgetful to get my man, or my woman, depending on who it was. That accidentally turned into a big kerfuffle when clerks were disappearing and I almost disappeared too. The last investigation, let’s see. It happened at the Ecstatic Emporium and you’ll have to visit Fuchsia to find out the problem. It might still be ongoing.                                                                                                  

That sounds so exciting! I've worked with the police before, but being a undercover agent is in a whole other level. What was the most difficult period in your investigation, and how did you deal with it?

My adult children don’t think old women should be lingering with dangerous criminals. I just have to be crafty and let them think I agree with them. I pull the wool over their eyes, if you know what I mean.


Yes, I do. My daughter-in-law, Lydia, thinks the same way, but I ignore her. Did you choose to become a detective? Or didn’t you have a choice?

I don’t call myself a detective, just an old amateur sleuth. I have a nosy nose. I guess you could say I had no choice. I have to follow my nose, although it does mislead me, and I end up at Delight’s Pink Percolator with yummy treats and coffee. Treats always come first with my nose.

That's why they call them treats! Do you have anyone helping you in your investigations? Tell us more about them.

My friends and neighbors have had my back. There was Sally Katilda, sadly she met her demise, but I have my neighbor, Mavis, who always thinks she is in a pretend reality television show. Then there is George. I used to keep an eye on him because he didn’t seem to know which end was up, but now he found love so I don’t have to do that anymore. Delight, who owns the Pink Percolator, Lulu who owns Lulu’s Quilt Shop and Ditty Belle who owns Persnickity’s Bookstore always seem delighted to get in the fray. Oh, and we can’t forget Pastor Henrietta. She is one of the Pastors at We Save You Christian Church. I think we might save her more than she saves us.

Tell me one thing about yourself you wouldn't want others to know.

I shop at Red Hot Momma’s Boutique. My friends know but my kids don’t.

Hope they don't read this interview then. Let's wrap it up with a special question: do you have a favorite quote?

“You’re on a need to know basis and I know what it is you need to know that you don’t know that you know.” Hermiony Vidalia Criony Fiddlestadt 

That's a good one! Thank you for your time, Granny. And to my dear readers, don't miss the interview I gave to Granny on her blog!


 


__________________________



Julie Seedorf

A Bit About Me As An Impassioned Writer

As human beings, we are always a work in progress. From birth to death we live, hurt, laugh, cry, feel, and with all of those emotions we grow as people, as family members, and as friends. I am a dreamer and feel blessed to have the opportunity in my writing to pass those dreams on to others. I believe you are never too old to dream and to turn those dreams into a creative endeavor. I live in rural Minnesota and I am a wife, mother, and grandmother.

I have worn many hats throughout my life such as working as a waitress, nursing home activities person, office manager and finally a computer repair person eventually owning my own computer sales and repair business. I never forgot my love of writing and quit my computer business in 2012 after signing a contract with Cozy Cat Press for Granny Hooks A Crook, the first book in my Fuchsia, Minnesota Series.

Adding four more books to the Fuchsia Series, adding a new Brilliant, Minnesota Series and writing a column for local newspapers feeds my writing creativity.

I also dabble a bit in watercolor painting and hope to eventually add pictures to my children’s book series, Granny’s In Trouble.

Oh, and did I tell you I like to be a little bit silly.

Official website: https://julieseedorf.com/
Twitter:  @JulieSeedorf

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me Grandma Bertha. Us Grannies need to stick together. See you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete