Thursday, July 25, 2019

A chat with Rosalie Bennett, the Wild Card Detective!



Rosalie Bennett is a character created by J.S. Peck


Rosalie Bennett, our guest today, is quite a girl! She can tell more about herself that I can, so let's cut to the chase and ask her some questions. Tell us, darling, did you choose to become a detective? Or didn’t you have a choice?
My fiancé was a policeman. When he refused to get involved in the drug dealing in his precinct and ended up dead, I knew that he’d been murdered despite the police chief insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel of his car. As a psychic, I knew I was right. When no one would listen to me, I knew it was up to me to prove them wrong. And then, when my tarot card client, Melissa, was murdered, what choice did I have but to do what I could to find their murderer
Sometimes I wish I had psychic powers. Not only it would help me catching killers, it would also allow me to talk to my Wilson, rest his soul. And what’s your daytime occupation? How does it relate to your investigations?
I write a spiritual column for Women Living Well, a magazine that has asked me to start writing what really goes on in Las Vegas. That’d take me out of my hiding away for the three years since my fiancé‘s death and step back into the real world. I’m also a psychic who reads tarot cards, and when the Death card shows up in a reading, it’s a warning that murder can follow. The Death card appeared in the reading of my recent client and I was determined to find her killer—as a self-declared sleuth. I thought that perhaps it might lead to me discovering what really happened to my fiancé.
Apart from the spiritis, do you have anyone else helping you in your investigation?
I met a news reporter from Channel 5, Brian Boyce, who asked me as a psychic to help him in his investigation since it appeared that what he was working on and my trying to find my client’s killer were tied together. I didn’t know it at the time, but he was working undercover for his client and the FBI. He and his partner own a detective agency in Boston, Massachusetts. All three of us worked together.
That's hardcore! What do you know about crime scene investigation?
I’m sorry for laughing, but to answer your question, not that much. But I’m learning. My detective partners are always amazed at how I can get so involved in all that happens. Trouble seems to follow me.
We have that in common. Are you a fan of crime novels? What are your favorites?
As a young girl, I read the Nancy Drew series. I loved that she was smart and able to solve crimes. Since my parents’ death, I’ve stayed away from reading anything to do with death. But now, I’m excited about starting to get into the world of all the wonderful crime and mystery books out there.
Tell me one thing about yourself you wouldn’t want others to know.
When I was in middle school, I punched a boy who was bullying me in the face and gave him a bloody nose. I got in trouble for doing it. My grandmother was called, and I was dismissed from school for the rest of the day. She was not happy with me; she hated violence of any kind.
Is your grandmother still alive?
Yes, and no. By that, I mean that she’s no longer alive on earth, but she visits me spiritually and gives me advice. She’s always around when I need her or when she has something to say.
Let's end with a quote. What's your favorite one?

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom” – Anais Nin

Thank you so much for the interview, Rosalie! Continue the good work. And to my readers: stay tuned, for we'll have another interview next Sunday. Kisses from Grandma Bertha!


________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment