Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thoughts on Murder #3: A Love Letter to the Cozy Community

Thoughts on Murder is Matt Ferraz's column on Grandma Bertha Interviews

Image result for love letter


Dear cozy people,

I love you because you are gentle and kind to each other and to everyone else...

I love you because you're nice to newcomers and don't make fun of people who don't know as much as you do...

I love you because you're quirky and spunky and funny, just like the characters you read and write about...

I love the writers who hold their own characters in their hearts, and put all their love and dedication into them...

I love the readers who follow series and are always keen to help authors improve their work...

I love readers who give a chance to authors they never heard about...

I love the way you adore your pets, and won't stand for animal cruelty...

I love it when you knit and bake, sew and paint, prepare coffee and sweets, all while reading a good murder mystery...

I love your crazy titles, your colourful covers, your funny names and funny surnames...

I love your tea houses, your B&Bs, your bakeries and your bookshops...

Thank you for making this crazy world a little cozier!

Yours,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment