Saturday, July 18, 2020

A Chat will Alice Atkinson: the Retirement Village Sleuth!

Alice Atkinson  is a character created by Rodney Strong 

Hello, guys and gals! Grandma Bertha again. I'm sorry I wasn't able to post this last Thursday, as I usually do, but it has been quite a week. Today we are going to talk to a young lady named Alice Atkinson: she's 97 years old, and that's when life really starts after all!

Tell us, Alice, what was the first investigation you ever did? What was the last? Do you expect to do more investigations in the future?

I wouldn’t really call it an investigation, more being nosy, but the first time I was involved in a murder was in 1969 in London, England. No one thought he was murdered, but like I always say, be the smartest in the room and if you can’t then be the most cunning. I knew it, and I proved it. The last time was in 2019 and as long as no more murderers turn up at the Silvermoon Retirement Village then I don’t expect to do any more.

I too was involved with murder when I was much younger. That's the kind of thing that sticks with us. And what made you think you could solve a case? 

Well the most recent it was because no one else thought it was murder. Mmm, seems like a theme in these things. If I didn’t solve it then no one else was going to. Besides investigating murders is a lot like setting up cons, as long as you do your homework and plan for everything you succeed.



What can you do that the police can't? 

No comment. Seriously though, I know a thing or two about crossing the line, just a little bit you understand, well unless you count being a con artist as criminal. So I can lie and cheat if I need to. As long as I find out who the murderer is then it’s justified. And I only broke a couple of bones. It was their fault for underestimating me.

They usually underestimate us, and that's what gets them. What do you know about the psychology of a criminal? 

This isn’t on any sort of record is it? Well I suppose they’re not going to put a 97 year old in jail. I was a con artist for sixty years before I retired, a damn good one. I sort of stumbled into the life out of necessity. There weren’t a lot of options for smart, young solo mother’s back then, but it turned out I was a natural. I only ever took things from people that wouldn’t miss them. I know what it was like being poor and I’m not going to be responsible for making anyone else that way.

Tell us: do you have anyone helping you in your investigations? 

Ah, you’re talking about young Vanessa. Officially she works at the Silvermoon Retirement Village, but that’s a waste for a girl her age. With her looks and smarts I’ll have her learning my trade before she even realises it. She says she’s happy in her job, but I’ve seen the look in her eyes when we find clues and that’s not the look of someone happy sitting behind a desk.

Thank you for stopping by, Alice, and I hope to talk to you again soon. To my dear readers, don't forget that this weekend my books are at discount prices. Don't miss them!
______________________________________

Rodney Strong

http://www.rodneystrongauthor.com/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WQHWH8Q
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085NGNXL6
https://www.facebook.com/rodneystrongauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment