Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A chat with Inspector Montgomery, an old school investigator!


Inspector Montgomery is a character created by Clarisa Vau


Greetings, guys and gals! Today I'm talking to my good friend Inspector Montgomery. He's a master when it comes to putting together the pieces of a case, and reminds me of the Inspector Maigret books I used to love when I was young.

Let's have a chat, Inspector. Tell my readers what’s your major strength while investigating a murder.

I’d have to say it’s my patience. My colleague, Mr. Fellman, is young and enthusiastic, but he jumps to conclusions too quickly. I like taking my time and let the little grey cells do their work.

I see you love crime novels as well. But solving a mystery in real life isn't always fun. What do you like least about investigating a case?Do you have a favorite quote?


The deaths, certainly. I truly regret every life lost, especially when the people were young.

That's my least favorite part as well. And what gives you the most satisfaction while investigating a case?

Being able to solve it, of course. Catching the criminals and bringing them to justice. I also enjoy a little seeing my colleague at a complete loss, that happens frequently and, although I appreciate him very much, it adds a funny touch to the job.

What do you know abou
t the psychology of a criminal?

I took a few courses for starters. The rest, I learned as I worked. I think it’s a crucial aspect of any criminal investigation and can certainly be the key to solving it.

And do you have anyone helping you in your investigations? Tell us more about them.

I’ve been working for some time now with Augusto Fellman. He’s got potential, I can tell, and Works hard. He does need guidance, of course, but fortunately, he’s got me as his mentor. He’s a great friend as well.

Do you have a favorite quote?

Fortune favors bold ones.

Thank you for your time, Inspector! And you, my readers, don't miss the novel Mystery at the Weisseblume Hotel, where the Inspector shows that it takes a lot of intelligence to catch a jewell thief. The book is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese, the latter translated by our good friend Matt. Thanks a bunch and see you soon!


____________________________________

Clarisa Vau

Read Mystery at the Weisseblume Hotel in three languages!



1 comment:

  1. Dear Grandma Bertha, it was a pleasure talking to you. I admire your work and I'm grateful that you took the time to do this interview.
    Let's keep in touch and don't forget to stay at home!

    ReplyDelete